Why You Need MEP Coordination Services for Your Building
Mechanical, Engineering, and Plumbing (MEP) coordination is considered the backbone of building projects. It is because, MEP coordination functions by synchronizing the entire construction work with the other disciplines responsible for making up the structure, building fabric, and external envelope. Simply put, MEP coordination is all about detecting and resolving conflicts among trades- architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire Safety even before construction starts. Though these are separate designs, MEP coordination ensures to keep harmony between these elements.
An MEP expert team must include an MEP consultant, an MEP contractor, trade-specific MEP and firefighting subcontractors, fabricators, installation, and maintenance technicians. The MEP consultants of an MEP expert team are responsible to develop the 3D MEP coordinating drawings and then hand over them to the MEP contractor. The MEP contractor installs and fabricates the project. Now, when it comes to undertaking detailing, fabrication and spatial coordination, and installation on the 3D modeling and drawing, it is the contractor who takes the responsibility.
Thus the entire MEP coordination solution ensures that everything in your construction will happen smoothly. After all, MEP engineering involves effective planning, designing, and managing of MEP systems of building construction. But, it is important to choose an MEP company that is specialized in every engineering discipline and skill such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, plumbing engineering, etc.
Factors Affecting MEP System:
Sometimes, building contractors are challenged mainly with modification issues to MEP systems even after the approval of the design. It generally happens for complex and large-scale construction projects. You will be surprised to know that even some minor changes can lead to the failure of the MEP design.
Now look at some key factors that are more likely to affect the building quality and design of MEP systems:
- Traditional 2D drawing instead of 3D model
- Inconsistency in design details
- Lack of coordination between different MEP trades.
- Clashes between the designs of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Wrong choice of building materials
Benefits of Utilizing MEP Coordination Services for Building Projects:
Below, we have discussed some main benefits of using MEP Coordination service for construction projects:
- Eliminates Conflict: MEP coordination services work effectively for integrating the design of each team helping to address conflicts during the constructability review process. It also ensures that the team members address such issues before finalizing the model. In this way, MEP Coordination services are capable of preventing delays and disputes.
- Reduce Error & Waste: An expert EMP Coordination team communicates effectively to ensure that there is no drawing conflict. In any, the team is responsible to find it out so that it can be removed as early as possible resulting in decreasing the amount of project rework along with minimizing material waste. Simply put, MEP Coordination can highly improve the efficiency of a building project.
- Higher Competitive Tender: MEP Coordination services provide more precise MEP drawings and detailed 3D models to the team. As a result, there is a higher chance for the entire project to get more competitive bids.
- Quality Building Process: Utilizing MEP Coordination services will enable the MEP team to deliver a standard building process resulting in a reduction in waste of material, money, energy, and time. Moreover, it guarantees a well-designed and properly functioning building where everything works perfectly ranging from the HVAC system, and lighting to the piping system and many more.
When You Should Opt for MEP Coordination Service?
If you are not sure when to opt for the MEP Coordination service, let’s have a look at the discussion below.
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning): Suppose you are building or remodeling your house where you need to install a HAVC system, in such case you need to hire an expert MEP team.
- Electricity & Lighting Installation: When it comes to building a new house, you will have to install electricity and lighting. Here an expert MEP team can help by assisting you with the right kind of equipment that can reduce electricity usage as much as possible.
- Plumbing: Designing a plumbing design process while building a house needs an MEP engineer team. They will take all the responsibilities of installing fire suppression, stormwater, sewer, natural gas, drinking water, and irrigation water along with any other special water and waste system.
- Fire Alarms: When it comes to installing a fire alarm system for an old building or a new one, an MEP coordination service is extremely necessary. It is because designing a fire alarm and implementing these systems are not easy tasks. Instead, it requires a lot of coordination. This is the reason why it is important to hire an expert MEP team to install fire alarms and protection for a building.
- Building Automation: Nowadays, there is a growing demand among house owners to transform their houses into smart houses. Here the role of an MEP team is extremely crucial. The experts MEP team members work efficiently to maintain the optimal operational performance levels of a building, ensure the comfort and safety of the building’s occupants and also reduce expenses and time consumption.
So, there is no denying the fact that MEP coordination services play an extremely vital role in a successful building project. After all, MEP coordination services are important to ensure the quality of a building construction especially if you hire the industry’s best MEP engineers. They will not only design the entire project accurately, but they will be able to predict the project cost regardless of size.